Monday, November 16, 2009

roots

My other blog, Christian (Catholic roots), is written from issues concerning faith, issues such as those concerning worship, biblical themes, even some doctrinal issues.  But here, for this blog (one dark night...), I wish to convey more of my personal and emotional responses to such issues and concerns related to the Christian life.

The Reformation became a source of division among Christians.  It has even become a source of division in my life as well, regarding my relationships with other Christians.  The roots of the Reformation go very deep.  Even today, the "core effect" of the Reformation is hard to deal with.  Sincere Protestants more-or-less view the Reformation as being a substantially positive facet of Christian history;  sincere Catholics, on the other hand, more-or-less view the Reformation as being a substantially negative facet of Christian history.

How can Christians become reconciled?  I am a Christian with Catholic roots, and I honestly believe that only Jesus can reconcile us all.  He is our source of Communion, of the Oneness he wishes for all of us; the Oneness that, in the end, only He can bring about (see John 17:11, 20-21).

How difficult it is, Lord, to have divisions.  It is - I would say - a tragedy.  You desire to gather Your People into One Fold; how much longer, Lord, will your be patient with us?  When, Oh Lord, will this finally be accomplished?

No comments:

Post a Comment